The New Gospel Frontiers Statement of Faith
We at New Gospel Frontiers believe that Christians are called to proclaim the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ and to defend the core doctrines of the faith from error and false doctrine. At the same time, Christians are called to be of like mind in one faith, and to not separate ourselves from one another over lesser issues. This Statement of Faith identifies what the Scriptures teach to be the core doctrines of Christianity. We invite all who share our belief in these core Christian doctrines to join with us in our ministry. Our ministry will support the teaching of these principles of faith to those who have never heard the Gospel in the Former Soviet Union.
We believe in:
- the one living, holy, omnipotent, omniscient and triune God.
- the God-breathed inspiration and inerrency of the 66 canonical books of the Old and New Testaments of the Bible.
- the principle of sola scriptura. That is, we depend solely on the authority of scripture for God’s Word in all matters related to Christian doctrine, practice and morals. We believe that no other book, teaching, history or tradition is inerrent; therefore God’s Word is our supreme guide in all cases.
- the universal sin nature of mankind and our resulting need of a Savior.
- the incarnation of God the Son in human flesh by His virgin birth to become our Savior, Jesus Christ.
- Jesus Christ’s sinless life and vicarious atonement (He took our place and paid the price) for the sins of mankind by the shedding of His blood on the cross to be our Savior.
- Jesus Christ’s physical death, burial and resurrection from the tomb.
- the sufficiency of Christ’s redemptive work on the cross for our salvation from the penalty of our own sin, in that there is nothing further for us to add for our justification before God.
- the new birth through the regeneration by the Holy Spirit, and the gift of eternal life by the grace (unmerited favor) of God when we place our trust in Jesus Christ for our salvation.
- the universal church that is composed of all people who have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit, and the local church to serve within the Body of Christ.
- the last commandment of our Lord to his disciples before his ascension to heaven – the Great Commission, to go into all the world and preach the Gospel.
- the Biblical definition of the Gospel, which is “that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the scriptures, that he was buried, that He was raised again on the third day in accordance with the scriptures…” (I Corinthians 15:3-4)